The Walk-A-Thon is Lafayette’s largest PTA fundraiser. Last year the students raised $65,000 and businesses donated $20,000! The WALK-A-THON is a really fun and easy event to be involved with, the team of volunteers are amazing and so important.
We are looking ahead to next year’s 2014 WALK-A-THON and need volunteers to help in the following roles:
- Co-chair – someone to co-chair the WALK-A-THON alongside Sarah and Pauline and take over in 2015 training the next successor.
- T-Shirt orders – ordering WALK-A-THON t shirts for students staff and sponsors.
- Assembly chair – planning the WALK-A-THON kick-off assembly in Sept, and fun awards assembly after the WALK-A-THON in Nov.
- Event set-up coordinator – day of WALK-A-THON manage volunteers for set up and take down.
- Procurers – follow up with previous donors or go out and recruit new donors for the WALK-A-THON and auction.
All of these jobs come with ongoing training and support. Please consider helping with one of these roles in the 2014 WALK-A-THON.
Email or call ASAP (so I can relax)
Pauline Floyd at email@example.com