ENRICHMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Job Description. Coordinator will work with enrichment program instructors, Lafayette staff, the enrichment program committee, the PTA Board, parents, and students to administer and improve Lafayette’s before and after school enrichment program. Duties would include, among others:
- Work with enrichment program committee, and independently, to select and develop new programs and classes.
- Interface with instructors, Lafayette staff and administration, and parents regarding administration of the program.
- General administration, including enrollment, roster maintenance, communication with teachers and instructors, collection of payments, qualification and payment of instructors, and room applications and assignment.
- Respond in a timely manner to parent and teacher communications.
- Provide periodic reports to enrichment program committee and/or PTA Board regarding status of program.
- Work to develop strategies for improving the enrichment program, including development of forms and procedures.
- Be present before and after school on a frequent basis in order to oversee the program and deal with issues is they arise.
Qualifications. Qualified applicants should:
- Be reasonably capable of using Excel or other database management software;
- Be generally available by email and cell phone most of the time;
- Be detail oriented, with strong organizational skills;
- Have a flexible enough schedule to be around before and after school frequently in order to meet with instructors, parents, and school staff; and
- Be a member of the Lafayette PTA.
Time Commitment. The expected time commitment is approximately 5-10 hours per week, on average (though there will be busier and less busy times), for one calendar year, beginning on July 1, 2015. Note, however, that in order to facilitate the transition, we would expect the new Enrichment Program Coordinator to serve in an “apprentice” role with the current Enrichment Program Coordinator, in the Spring of the 2014.
Pay. $4,000, payable in four quarterly installments of $1,000.
To Apply. Please send an email indicating your interest to Chris Weinmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. You don’t need to send a resume or anything, but a paragraph explaining who you are and why you’re interested would be appreciated. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Chris at 206-948-9673. Please notify of us of your interest no later than February 28th, 2015 so we can begin the transition process
Miscellaneous. This job is a lot of work. Even with the pay, serving as Enrichment Program Coordinator is in fact a huge service to the Lafayette community. We hope that anyone that takes it on would do so as much as a labor of love as for the pay. Almost half the students at Lafayette participate in the enrichment program. Because it includes scholarships and an extremely wide variety of classes, many kids participate in the Lafayette enrichment program who otherwise wouldn’t participate in any extracurricular activities at all. The enrichment program coordinator works directly with many of Lafayette’s teachers, parents, other staff and administration. If it is your goal to get to know the Lafayette community, this is a great way to do so. In short, it is a demanding job, but because it is so important to so many families, it should also be very rewarding.