Book Fair is June 1 – 7th! Keep the reading momentum going this summer! All purchases benefit the school – which help buy books for the library and classrooms. Here are the different ways you can order books from the Book Fair:
- Visit the Library June 1 -7 (lunch recess and after school until 2:45 pm)
- Order Online: scholastic bookfairs (online orders delivered June 15)
- Clip & Send the Newspaper Flyer Order Form (remember to add 10.1% sales tax, checks made payable to Lafayette PTA). click here –>Book Flyer Order Form
Our librarian, Linda Nakagawa, is looking for volunteers for the Book Fair in June. Please respond by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by and sign up on the volunteer sheet that is posted in the Main Hall.
Times to Volunteer:
June 2 – 7th: Lunch Recess 10:00 to 11:40 am Need 3 Cashiers/Helpers
June 1 – 7th: After School 2:00 to 2: 45 pm Need 2 Cashiers
What does a Book Fair Volunteer do?
Before the Students/Parents Arrive
- The first time you volunteer you should arrive 10 minutes early for training.
- Look around & become familiar with the books & items being sold.
- I will provide a training/review on using the cash register & hand scanner.
When the Students/Parents Arrive:
- Volunteers may run a cash register, pull items from the display table or assist young students locate or select books.
- If you are at a cash register you will ring up cash, check & credit card sales using a hand scanner on the barcodes.
After Students/Parents Leave:
- After lunch you will deliver “out-of-time” books to students in their classrooms.
- Tidy up & Restock the tables, cases & displays as needed.
- Count & bundle bills, coins, checks & slips for bank deposit.
- On the last day of the Fair, she needs one or 2 Volunteers who can help pack & stack the BF boxes.
Library Helpers are needed to assist when classes come to exchange Library Books & shelve returns
Volunteers are needed to process & laminate our new books to prepare them for Check-Out.
- Requires 15 minutes of training.
- Laminating may be done in the Library or at your home.