The students at Lafayette are amazing! During the Walk-A-Thon’s second week of pledge counting the students brought in another $8,125! Ms. Essex’s class wins the 2nd POPCORN PARTY with $715 and they are the second 2nd grade class to do so. Second Grade is really bringing their A game this year. What’s up Fourth Grade?
There are only a few days left to get your pledges in before the day of the Walk-A-Thon on Friday, October 28th. Don’t forget that your company or organization might have a donation matching program which could double or even triple your donation!
The Walk-A-Thon’s Snack/Bake Sale needs your help!
Bring your healthy snacks and baked goods to the Snack/Bake Sale at the Lafayette playground THIS Friday, October 28th. If you need assistance or want ideas about what to bring, contact Chris Hanson. E-mail: email@example.com text: 206 851-6618. Also, don’t forget to send your students to school with some extra money so they can buy a healthy snack after they walk!
Admiral Menchie’s Party!
Students who get more than $350 in pledges will get invited to an Admiral Menchie’s Party. Admiral Menchie’s has donated these parties for the past few years and is a Lafayette Platinum Sponsor! Thank you Admiral Menchie’s!
Walk-A-Thon T-Shirts will be for sale on the playground during the Walk-A-Thon for $10. If you would like to purchase an extra T-Shirt but will be unable to attend the Walk-A-Thon, email WAT@lafayettepta.com.
Week Two Fun Facts
- Total flat donations for Week Two = $8,125
- Ms. Rowlett’s 2nd grade class had highest total for Week Two = $715
- First graders had the largest total donations for Week Two = $1,644
- Largest total pledges submitted by one person = $348
- Total number of pledges for Week Two = 390 (309 last week!)
- Pledges came from 100% of the classrooms
- Kindergarten and 4th grade classes TIE for the largest number of pledges in the week = 79
Here are some stats on the accumulated pledges:
- Total flat donations = $17,857
- Total number of pledges = 699
The students of Ms. Sacco-Neel’s second grade class earned a popcorn party for bringing in $1,520 during the first week of this year’s Walk-A-Thon pledge drive. Way to go kids!
Important Walk-A-Thon Dates and Times
Friday, October 28th
Day of Walk-A-Thon! Pledge Envelopes are DUE IN CLASS BY 8:15am. Pledges that come in after 8:15am will be counted the following week. Students will receive a FREE Lafayette Walk-A-Thon T-Shirt and walk with their classmates for 30 minutes! Walk times:
- 3rd Grade walks from 8:15-8:45am
- 2nd Grade walks from 9:00-9:30am
- 1st Grade walks from 9:45-10:15am
- There is a break from 10:15-10:45am
- Kindergarten walks from 11:00-11:30am
- 4th Grade walks from 11:45am-12:15pm
- 5th Grade walks from 12:30-1:00pm
Friday, November 4th
Pledge Envelopes are DUE IN CLASS BY 8:15am. Pledges that come in after 8:15am will be counted the following week.
Friday, November 10th
Final Collection Date! Pledge Envelopes are DUE IN CLASS BY 8:15am. Pledges that come in after 8:15am will be counted the following week.
Friday, November 18th
Walk-A-Thon Awards Assembly and Lafayette Movie Night