Hello Lafayette Families!
We hope you are having a great summer so far! Thanks to all of the families that have signed up to help with the garden this summer. You can see their progress on our facebook page here.
We have Jump Start beginning August 21st for all the new kindergartners coming to Lafayette this fall. The PTA will have a table ready to answer questions and meet the new families. Our Principal, Cindy Chaput will have plan to have a coffee hour set aside that week (date TBD) to meet new families as well. Look for new spirit wear to purchase and more information coming about school supplies. We are not posting lists of school supplies to buy as the school is buying school supplies for all kids this year ahead of time to save time and money for all parents. You will hear more about how you can donate $$ to cover the costs of school supplies.
Enjoy the rest of summer, stop by and play at the playground and enjoy the garden!
Field Day: I hope you remembered your spirit wear today (each grade can wear their walk-a-thon colors or a similar colored shirt/outfit). Field day starts at 12:30pm and goes until 2:00pm. Also, you may want to bring sunscreen and extra water as the sun has finally arrived for summer!
Lost and Found: The pile of clothes, bottles and lunch boxes is quite large in the hallway. Check it out today during Field Day and/or on Monday before it is donated to local charity.
Thank you and Happy Friday!!
The play was so much fun last night and the talented actors had an amazing first night! The play will go on tonight (Friday) at 7pm and also Saturday at 2pm. Come early to get good seats! You can see a few of the pictures by clicking on any images below…
“Do Ri Mi Fa So La Ti – oh let me see if I can make it easier..”
-Maria Von Trapp
That is just one of the many songs that our amazing talent from Kindergarten to Third grade classes will perform! Mr. Jacquet-Acea has been working with the kids for months to help prep them for this show. Thank you to all of those families that have sent in their RSVP. It’s not too late to join and it will help with the preparation of seating if you can send back the form sent home with your child. A copy of the form can be found here K-3 Music Concert.
You can also email or contact Mr. Jacquet-Acea at email@example.com
Volunteers are needed on June 14th to make the show a success! Go to our volunteer page to sign up!
Volunteers Needed to do the following:
Chair Setup: We need 200 chairs+ to setup prior to the show.
Prep Talent for Stage: I will need at least one adult per song to help get the students ready to come on stage and get them off stage. One other adult will be needed to have the next group prepared to go on after the first group has finished.
Sound System: Help students cue up songs, playing and stopping.
Stage Crew: Help students with supervision around with the microphones, curtains, tables and instruments on and off stage…
Ushers: Help audience get to their seats, and help to empty out after the first show has ended so we can get the second show of people seated. The first performance should go to 6:40 so there will be 20 minutes to complete that and start on time at 7pm for 2nd show.
Clean up: Put back all chairs under the stage and clean up anything left in the cafteria. Enlist parents to help out!
Book Fair is June 1 – 7th! Keep the reading momentum going this summer! All purchases benefit the school – which help buy books for the library and classrooms. Here are the different ways you can order books from the Book Fair:
- Visit the Library June 1 -7 (lunch recess and after school until 2:45 pm)
- Order Online: scholastic bookfairs (online orders delivered June 15)
- Clip & Send the Newspaper Flyer Order Form (remember to add 10.1% sales tax, checks made payable to Lafayette PTA). click here –>Book Flyer Order Form
Our librarian, Linda Nakagawa, is looking for volunteers for the Book Fair in June. Please respond by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by and sign up on the volunteer sheet that is posted in the Main Hall.
Times to Volunteer:
June 2 – 7th: Lunch Recess 10:00 to 11:40 am Need 3 Cashiers/Helpers
June 1 – 7th: After School 2:00 to 2: 45 pm Need 2 Cashiers
What does a Book Fair Volunteer do?
Before the Students/Parents Arrive
- The first time you volunteer you should arrive 10 minutes early for training.
- Look around & become familiar with the books & items being sold.
- I will provide a training/review on using the cash register & hand scanner.
When the Students/Parents Arrive:
- Volunteers may run a cash register, pull items from the display table or assist young students locate or select books.
- If you are at a cash register you will ring up cash, check & credit card sales using a hand scanner on the barcodes.
After Students/Parents Leave:
- After lunch you will deliver “out-of-time” books to students in their classrooms.
- Tidy up & Restock the tables, cases & displays as needed.
- Count & bundle bills, coins, checks & slips for bank deposit.
- On the last day of the Fair, she needs one or 2 Volunteers who can help pack & stack the BF boxes.
Library Helpers are needed to assist when classes come to exchange Library Books & shelve returns
Volunteers are needed to process & laminate our new books to prepare them for Check-Out.
- Requires 15 minutes of training.
- Laminating may be done in the Library or at your home.