Welcome to the Lafayette Elementary School community! This is a very exciting time for you and your kindergartner. There is a lot of information to disseminate in the beginning of the school year and we hope to ease any stress you may have during your transition to school. We are delighted to announce that our 2018-2019 Kindergarten teachers are Ms. Sarah Benson, Ms. Jessica Peterson, Ms. Loretta Joseph, and Mr. John Shaw.
Key Links (2018-19)
Important Dates (2018-19)
- June 1 until Aug. 31: Non-resident Registration Period
- Aug. 31: Open Enrollment dissolves.
- Aug-Sep: Look for Kindergarten playdates to be posted soon!
- Sept. 5-7: Family Connection Meetings. Each family meets with their Kindergarten teacher; please request an interpreter when you are contacted for an appointment. Before starting school, each new kindergartner’s family is offered the chance to meet with their student’s teacher to begin building a home-school partnership. In order for teachers to meet with families, the kindergarten start date is postponed three days, to the Monday after Labor Day. Your school will contact you in late August to schedule a time to meet.
- Sep. 4: Back to School BBQ
- Sept. 10: First day of school for Kindergarten students (grades 1 through 12 begin on Sept. 5)
- Sept. 10: Tea & Tissues – Kindergarten Parents. We look forward to getting to know you and your family and hope we can meet many of you at our annual Tea & Tissues. After you drop off your Kindergartener, make your way to the school cafeteria to meet with other parents, PTA members and our school principal, Ms. Cindy Chaput, to share in some coffee, pastries and conversation. We won’t ask if your tears are joyous or sorrowful.
Prior to the start of school, the PTA usually coordinates kindergarten playdates for new families joining our Lafayette community. This is a good chance to meet other families. Follow us on Facebook, where we make announcements about the playdate schedule.
- Kindergarten drop-off is on the playground, by room number. Pick-up is in the garden.
- Rainy day drop-off is in the cafeteria.
- Attendance: Email your teacher and Selina Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 252-9502.
- If you are interested in volunteering in or outside of the classroom, please remember to fill out the appropriate paperwork and turn it into the front office:
Join Our Community
There is no better way to connect to our Lafayette community than to join the PTA.
Children Benefit • School Benefits • Make Connections • It’s Good For You
WHAT DO WE DO?
PTA provides educational enrichment • PTA supports our school • PTA communicates • PTA builds community
For more information about our PTA, what we do and who we are, please visit our website. If you have any questions or ideas on how to better serve our Lafayette community, feel free to contact us at email@example.com (you should receive a response within 5 business days). Lafayette Elementary School is a 501[c] organization, Tax ID #91-1079172.
HOW TO JOIN THE PTA
To join the PTA go to http://www.pt-avenue.com/LOGIN.ASP
Once you are online there are detailed instructions on how to fill out your profile and pay for your membership. You will be prompted to put in our Organizational Code which is 98116.
While our goal is to have 100% participation of teachers and parents in the PTA we understand that it may not be for everyone. Another way to stay informed about what is going on at school is to sign up to receive PTA emails. You do not have to be a PTA member to volunteer for events or to receive PTA emails. To sign up to receive emails only, please use this link: http://lafayettepta.com/get-email/
Again, we welcome you to Lafayette Elementary! We look forward to building and supporting our school community together with you all.
LAFAYETTE ELEMENTARY PTA