The PTA Meeting is this Thursday, October 13th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. The PTA hopes you can come for some or all of the meeting and the good news is that childcare is provided in the gym, meeting is in the cafeteria.
The agenda is as follows;
- President’s Report – Jac Howard
- Principal Update – Cindy Chaput
- Budget Update – Mike Hemker
- Walk-a-thon – Walk-a-thon Chair(s)
- How to get involved at the school, join the PTA
- Volunteer Opportunities and Requirements (Room Parents, School Committees, Classroom, etc)
- Parent Education: Speaker Jo Langford (7- 8pm)
Our featured speaker, Jo Langford is the author of the series, Spare Me, ‘The Talk’!, (the only modern guide to healthy sexuality for boys and their parents, and the only modern guide to healthy sexuality for girls written by a male). He is also a dad, a Master’s-level therapist and sex educator for tweens, teens and parents, in Seattle, Washington.
Jo will be providing an overview childhood sexual development, hosting a open Q&A for parents and presenting a primer around proactive, digital safety for parents of elementary school children. Jo says this is “required reading” if your kids are over the age of 8 and already sticking their toes into the Internet.
More about his work with youth, parents and professionals to promote healthy, positive and safe sexual and social behavior can be found at his website, Beheroes.net.