The play was so much fun last night and the talented actors had an amazing first night! The play will go on tonight (Friday) at 7pm and also Saturday at 2pm. Come early to get good seats! You can see a few of the pictures by clicking on any images below…
Friday 6/23 from 12:30pm – 2:00pm.
Field Day is a ton of fun and we will need a lot of parent volunteers! Signup Genius link is below–
Field Day is a celebration of the end of the school year with a lot of activities and games. We will have fun stations like water balloon toss, rope climbing, 3-legged race, ring toss, etc and of course, a cold treat! The stations are both inside the school and outside on the playground, each run by a teacher and at least one parent volunteer.
Please mark your calendars and consider helping out!
Also, if anyone is interested in co-chairing Field Day for this year or next, please contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Please come and join in the last meeting of the year and give your feedback about meeting times for next year, plus approve nominations for your new board! We would like to try to alternate meetings after school and in the evenings in 2017-18. If you can’t attend but want to give feedback on meeting times, please send an email to the board at email@example.com
- Approve and vote on the nominations of the PTA Board
- Vice President
- Provide feedback on Meeting times next year
- End of Year Events
We look forward to seeing you in the playground after-school!
Thanks to all of the parents that could attend the PTA Town Hall on Thursday, May 11th. There was a good discussion and information shared throughout the meeting. Cindy Chaput presented on state of the school and 2017/18 curriculum plans with help from Monica Smith (parent on the math committee and former teacher). If you have a moment please read through the links below and check out the research and presentation. She is happy to discuss any items with parents so feel free to reach out.
In addition, the PTA Budget was passed for the year 2017/18. We will post the full budget on our website shortly.
Thanks for being part of your community!
Cindy Chaput’s Presentation
Math Research from Math Committee
Summary of Math committee research
PTA Town Hall Thursday 6:30pm – 8pm in Cafeteria (Childcare available in the gym)
- Cindy will review the State of the School and we will have principals from Fairmount and Genesee Hill joining her to discuss curriculum for next year. We will discuss research for Advanced Learning, that Lafayette has been chosen to participate in due to high scores of testing.
- PTA Budget for 2017/18 – Vote on all that hard earned money raised this year and how it should be spent to benefit the kids.
- Open Discussion – Open positions for PTA 2017/18, school events coming up and volunteer opportunities
Please come and participate in the meeting. There are many exciting things happening at the school and your voice counts!
Mary’s Place has just opened a shelter for homeless woman, children and families in White Center. Lafayette and Genessee Hill Elementary’s librarians are teaming up to supply the new place with books!
Good Books to donate are:
- New / Gently used
- For children of any age (babies to high school age)
- Includes characters of different backgrounds
- In English, Spanish, Amharic or Tigrinya
Books can be dropped off at school from May 8th to May 19th. In lieu of books, Mary’s Place would also welcome financial donations which can be made at their website www.marysplace.seattle.org
Please contact your school librarian Linda Nakagawa for any questions.
Thank you for your support!