Please come and join in the last meeting of the year and give your feedback about meeting times for next year, plus approve nominations for your new board! We would like to try to alternate meetings after school and in the evenings in 2017-18. If you can’t attend but want to give feedback on meeting times, please send an email to the board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approve and vote on the nominations of the PTA Board
- Vice President
- Provide feedback on Meeting times next year
- End of Year Events
We look forward to seeing you in the playground after-school!
Thanks to all of the parents that could attend the PTA Town Hall on Thursday, May 11th. There was a good discussion and information shared throughout the meeting. Cindy Chaput presented on state of the school and 2017/18 curriculum plans with help from Monica Smith (parent on the math committee and former teacher). If you have a moment please read through the links below and check out the research and presentation. She is happy to discuss any items with parents so feel free to reach out.
In addition, the PTA Budget was passed for the year 2017/18. We will post the full budget on our website shortly.
Thanks for being part of your community!
Cindy Chaput’s Presentation
Math Research from Math Committee
Summary of Math committee research
PTA Town Hall Thursday 6:30pm – 8pm in Cafeteria (Childcare available in the gym)
- Cindy will review the State of the School and we will have principals from Fairmount and Genesee Hill joining her to discuss curriculum for next year. We will discuss research for Advanced Learning, that Lafayette has been chosen to participate in due to high scores of testing.
- PTA Budget for 2017/18 – Vote on all that hard earned money raised this year and how it should be spent to benefit the kids.
- Open Discussion – Open positions for PTA 2017/18, school events coming up and volunteer opportunities
Please come and participate in the meeting. There are many exciting things happening at the school and your voice counts!