Spring Fling Carnival
Event Chairs: Diana Palmer and Sarah Dillard
New Volunteer Requirements
All volunteers must complete the online course on Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention. The video is about 25 minutes long. Follow the prompts and print out the completion form and turn it in at the office to Selina. A copy of this print out will be filed with your background check application. Every year, a new background application must be filled out. You only have to watch this video once, not yearly. You must also read the Volunteer Handbook in the office (next to the badges) and sign the form located in the back of the book.
What makes Lafayette so successful? Students, staff and many, many volunteers working together as a team. We invite you to be a part of that team. Below you will find brief descriptions of areas where you are needed.
Room Parents & Classroom Helper
A wonderful way to get involved in your child’s school! Each class needs a room parent to assist the teacher and the PTA. Teachers’ needs vary but your duties may include maintaining a classroom telephone directory, arranging field trips, organizing parent assistance on special projects, coordinating Teacher Appreciation Week for your class, or planning a class party. Sign up to be the main room parent or a classroom helper!
One of our most important volunteer requests, tutors are needed for individual or small group help in both general and special education classrooms. Your school volunteer coordinator will work with the teacher to coordinate days and times that are convenient for you. You can give as little as one day a week for a couple of hours or an hour every day. Help with reading, math, or another subject as you prefer. Lafayette welcomes all parents, friends, or community members to volunteer and make a difference in a young person’s education.
Share your love of books with our kids by assisting Ms. Nakagawa in the library! Check books in and out for students and re-shelve library materials. Be on-call to assist at book fairs throughout the school year, cashiering during this important fundraiser to benefit our library.
Playground, Lunchroom and Gym Supervision
Training will be provided. Responsibilities include conflict resolution and maintaining safety. School staff will be present.
- Gym assistants M/W 1:00 – 3:00
- Recess duties: 11:00-11:15 (K-3rd); 12:00-1:10 (all grades); 1:55-2:10 (3rd -5th)
Note: The Seattle School District requires all volunteers to submit a completed Volunteer Application Form with background check prior to working with students. Copies of this application are available from the school office.
Recent Volunteering Posts:
- 5th Grade Promotion June 19th 5:30pm
- Mark your Calendars for FIELD DAY!!! June 23rd
- Congratulations to our 2016-17Golden Acorn Winners!
- The sun is coming and so is the Spring Fling Carnival! May 18th 5:30-8pm
- Spring Fling Carnival May 18th 5:30pm to 8pm
- Staff Appreciation Week starts on Monday!
- Earth Day Clean Up at School
- Volunteer for the Auction on the new SignUp Genius site
- Auction Early Bird Tickets by Feb 20th and Go get those Donations, turn in by the 17th!
- Get your Masks ready! Auction Tickets are Available and Volunteer Opportunities